26 May Dermaplaning 101
know everyone is getting antsy about not having their regular scheduled facial treatments during this quarantine.
I’ve even seen a few post on social media from a few of my clients threating to take matters into their own hands. But before you go googling at home Dermaplaning tool. Let me tell you the difference between a Dermaplaning facial by a licensed esthetician vs what you are getting with your amazon purchase.
Dermaplaning with scalpel done in our office:
- Manually exfoliates the top layer of the skin to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
- It is not painful
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker
- It can allow for better penetration of skincare products making them much more effective!
- It has minimal side effects and downtime and can be done over a lunch break
WARNING: Not everyone is a candidate. Clients with active and cystic acne, Rosacea, and it is contraindicated for clients with hirsutism, a condition of excessive male-pattern hair growth in women.
Shaving your face with Amazon Dermaplaning tool:
- That’s it! If you are looking to remove peach fuzz, then this is a perfect product for you.
- Make up will look smoother.
Using at home devices will increase your chance of spreading bacteria to your face if not cleaned properly which could lead to breakouts.If you don’t have a steady hand, grab some Neosporin and a band aid and call your esthetician next time